Title: Cloud and Alliances Manager
Location: East Grinstead, Sussex
About Blue Cube Security
Blue Cube Security is one of the UK’s largest independent IT and Cyber Security solution providers. Leading with a consultative approach providing expertise and agile services to its customers for over 19 years, operating nationally from a UK head office.
The Blue Cube Security team is skilled and knowledgeable in the ever-evolving threat landscape, holding certifications in major governance and compliance frameworks and apply this expertise to detect and assess, using Blue Cube Security’s methodology of ‘Intelligent Protection’ to help identify what, how and where to protect valuable assets.
Blue Cube Security work with their customers as a partnership and understand the importance of providing the right solution that integrates existing policies, technologies and procedures, delivering confidence that valuable assets are secure and protected, holding the highest level accreditations across the portfolio of vendors, such as Imperva, all providing a range of best of breed solutions in the IT and Cyber Security market.
The dedicated Professional and Managed Security Services Team, “Cynergy”, provide flexible and scalable Professional and Managed Security services to protect customers within the ever-increasing complexity of the Cyber Security threat landscape. The team are on hand to advise and consult on a range of technical solutions giving customers the opportunity to reduce operational costs and increase the effectiveness of their existing solutions.
Blue Cube Security has a big focus on Cloud in 2019, already onboarding with AWS as a Consulting Partner and is onboarding with all the main Cloud providers to remain agile and in line with market needs. In addition, ISO 27017 (the code of practice for information security controls for cloud services) has been incorporated, as a part of their ISO 27001 status.
A newly created role to lead the strategy, execution and collaboration of Blue Cube Security’s partnerships with Cloud Technology partners (AWS, Azure and Google) and associated vendors.
The Cloud and Alliances Manager will hold a key role within the business developing strategic plans with the management team in line with business objectives and growth plans and interface with all departments to evangelise our offering internally, assisting in sales and training.
- Engage and collaborate with Cloud technology partners (AWS, Azure and Google) and key Vendors to developing strategic go to market plans.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert, using available resources in sales, marketing, professional services and technical to further the aims of Blue Cube Security and partners
- Setting out, implementing and managing framework agreements for our defined vendors
- Manage vendor pre-qualification processes
- Monitor and manage company relationships with vendors, ensuring contractual terms are fulfilled
- Renegotiate favourable rates with existing vendors for long-term collaboration as well as adhoc projects
- Manage communication loop with vendors to ensure awareness of organisational strategic direction, changes and challenges
- Working with the vendor(s) and colleagues to agree focus and activities culminating in the development of business plans and then ensuring that these are executed upon with quarterly vendor reviews.
- Project manage interdependent initiatives and programmes with vendors and internal teams
- Successfully on-board new products and vendors across all areas of the business
- Maximise opportunity for growth by understanding vendor product portfolios and driving new gross margin opportunities, identifying potential new products that fit within our core markets
- Planning sales and marketing pipeline activities with the marketing team and cloud technology partners and taking responsibility for reviewing these in quarterly reviews
- Working with sales organisation to motivate them to sell cloud technology solutions
- Coordinate, manage and execute training for sales organisation on cloud technology solutions
- Work with marketing to develop a range of collateral for external/internal use, including case studies, testimonials etc
- Attract MDF funding to support growth and meet business plan targets
- Cloud solutions presentations and demonstrations
- Support at all events, conferences etc as the lead for cloud technology
- Provide monthly updates to senior stakeholders
- Maintain all cloud technology partners certifications, specialisations and accreditations and educate our people to retain our chosen partner status
- Developed strong understanding of internal processes and ISO processes as applied to Blue Cube Security
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Vendor / Alliance Manager directly managing strategic relationships
- Relevant product / services experience Cloud and Security solutions essential.
- Strong relationship management & collaboration skills
- Ability to interface, influence, communicate at present with all levels internal and externally
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation as well as sales training.
- Relevant product / services experience (cloud and security solutions) essential.
- Sales and customer facing experience.
- Detail orientated with good analytical and organisational skills and high level of commercial and financial acumen
- Proven ability to manage complex and critical relationships.
- Strong experience within the IT industry and the ability to drive sales with creative ideas and strategies.
- Highly motivated and result oriented.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative.
- A self-starter with a hardworking and proactive approach.
- Results driven with the ability to lead negotiations
- Able to cope under pressure, manage multiple projects and prioritise work accordingly
- Bachelor’s Degree is desirable